This message contains 2 documents
We are writing to you as the Convenors of the Prostate Cancer World Congress to be held in Cairns, Australia from 17- 21 August 2015. This Prostate Cancer World Congress is the world’s largest comprehensive meeting in the discipline.
Australian Prostate Cancer Research is proud to present the 2nd edition of this meeting. In August 2015, World Leaders will meet in Australia, bringing their depth of knowledge and experience to discuss all facets of prostate cancer management, treatment and scientific advancement.
The program will include streams in Clinical Urology, Translational Science, Multidisciplinary Prostate Cancer Management (Nursing & Allied Health) and General Practice and ensure the most contemporary information and research-validated findings are presented. There will also be number of end-user oriented Masterclasses, as well as Breakfast Sessions and Satellite Symposia in association with our industry partners.
The international faculty confirmed to date includes:
- Dr Rob Bristow, Ontario Cancer Institute and Princess Margaret Hospital, Canada
- Prof Steven Balk, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, US
- Dr James Borin, Director of Robotic Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, US
- Dr William Catalona, North Western University Feinberg School of Medicine, US
- Mr Benjamin Challacombe, Urologist, Guy’s Hospital, United Kingdom
- Prof Jelle Barentsz, Professor of Radiology, Radboud University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
- Dr Antonio Finelli Princess Margaret Hospital, Canada
- Dr Laurence Klotz Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Canada
- Dr Stacy Loeb, A/ Prof of Urology and Population Health, New York University, US
- Dr Christian Nelson, Clinical Psychologist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, US
- Dr Alan Partin, Johns Hopkins, US
- Dr Vipul Patel, Global Robotics Institute, Celebration Hospital, Florida, US
- A/Prof Monique Roobol, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Department of Urology, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Prof Charles Ryan UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, US
- Dr Oliver Sartor Tulane University School of Medicine, US
- Dr Jay Smith, Vanderbilt, US
- Dr Samir Taneja, Director of Urologic Oncology, NYU Cancer Institute, US
- Prof Patrick Walsh, Urological Institute Johns Hopkins Hospital, US
We welcome abstract submissions from your Country for both poster and oral presentations. All accepted abstracts will be published in the British Journal of Urology International.
We would greatly appreciate your cooperation and support to promote the 2015 Prostate Cancer World Congress in your Country through your organisation and business networks.
We are writing to invite you to join us as our official Event Ambassador in your country.
As our official Event Ambassador we will:
- Recognise your Association as the official Event Ambassador in your Country on our website
- We will give you one Travel Grant (to the value of $1000 AUD) that you can promote to your membership.
In return we would like your support to:
- Promote the call for abstract submissions to your Association Members – applications now open can be made via our website www.prostatecancercongress.org.au
- Promote the Travels Grants application advertisement to your Association members – application attached and available via our website www.prostatecancercongress.org.au
- Encourage a contingent of your Association to attend the Congress, in Cairns, Australia in 2015
Event Ambassadors that secures over 5 registered delegates from their country will also receive one complimentary registration to attend the event including one ticket to the Congress Dinner in the Australian Rainforest. Please ensure they note your association name when registering.
Should you be willing to be our official Event Ambassador in your country please contact our Congress Organisers at email@example.com and they can supply you with any additional material you require to market to your network. I have attached the electronic flyer for the meeting.
In addition to the educational meeting there are some amazing tourist attractions close by that will make it a memorable trip to Australia (Great Barrier Reef, Crocodile Park). We have attached the link to the promotional video for you to see. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7aVc1CLBP8
Prostate cancer continues to be a topic of great debate within the world community, both in medical circles and of course for the many men diagnosed. We are witnessing treatment advances and new research findings at a rate never before seen and 2015 will be a pivotal year in uncovering improved care protocols and in particular a greater understanding of advanced prostate cancer management.
We look forward to your cooperation and partnership to promote this important education. We welcome you and your Country to Cairns!
Prof Tony Costello
Director Urology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria
Director, Australian Prostate Cancer Research
President, Prostate Cancer World Congress 2015, Cairns Australia www.prostatecancercongress.org.au
Ass/Prof Declan Murphy
Urologist and Director of Robotic Surgery, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Victoria
Co Convenor Clinical Urology, Prostate Cancer World Congress 2105, Cairns Australia www.prostatecancercongress.org.au